Juvederm is a brand of advanced dermal fillers manufactured by Allergan. These FDA-approved skin treatments contain hyaluronic acid and have many short-term and long-term benefits. This product is injected into key points of the skin to eliminate wrinkles. It is recommended for any area of the face.
What Do These Products Treat?
- Moderate to severe facial wrinkles and skin depressions [Juvederm Ultra 2, Juvederm Ultra 3, Juvederm Volift, Juvederm Ultra XC, Juvederm Ultra Plus XC]
- Hollow areas of dermal tissue [Juvederm Ultra 4, Juvederm Volift, Juvederm Voluma]
- Lines above the upper lip [Juvederm Ultra Smile, Juvederm Volbella]
- Lack of hydration and elasticity in skin [Juvederm Hydrate, Juvederm Volite]
- Superficial wrinkles and fine lines [Juvederm Volite]
- Lips lacking volume and definition [Juvederm Ultra 2, Juvederm Ultra Smile, Juvederm Volbella, Juvederm Ultra XC, Juvederm Ultra Plus XC]
- Touch-up treatments [Juvederm Volift Retouch]
How Do Juvederm Products Work?
Hyaluronic acid, the main ingredient of Juvederm gels, is a naturally occurring substance within the skin that decreases as the body ages. When Juvederm products are injected, hyaluronic acid is reintroduced into the skin, plumping up the space and adding volume.
Some Juvederm products are formulated with lidocaine for the purpose of decreasing treatment pain.
Why Should Juvederm Products Be Purchased?
Juvederm fillers produce long-lasting results. The longevity of these fillers makes them a cost-effective treatment, as the long duration of action necessitates a smaller number of treatment sessions over a significant amount of time.
Cost Of Juvederm’s Products
Are Juvederm’s Products Safe?
Juvederm products are fully biodegradable and biocompatible and, as hyaluronic acid is native to the skin, this makes the chances of allergic reaction very slim and the treatment extremely well-tolerated in most patients. However, some patients should not receive Juvederm injections, including patients who are allergic to hyaluronic acid or any of the components of the Juvederm preparation, individuals below 21 years of age, and pregnant or lactating mothers.
Is There Downtime Associated With Juvederm’s Products?
Patients do not require any special care after Juvederm treatment as the recovery time only takes a matter of minutes. In the days immediately following treatment, patients should avoid sun exposure and exercise. Additionally, patients should not use products containing alcohol on their face. Makeup is permitted immediately after.