As a major concern for many individuals, tear trough deformity has become a specific indication in periorbital rejuvenation. Aging, fatigue and exposure to environmental stressors may lead to the deepening of the grooves that sit between the lower eyelids and the cheeks. This dark, hollow junction creates an undesirable, fatigued appearance, amplifying eye bags and dark circles even with adequate rest.
The benefits of Juvederm fillers
With technological advancement, the rise of hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal fillers in the cosmetics industry has offered a solution for correcting this flaw. HA’s main benefits are its capability to draw water and retain moisture at the molecular level. This amplifies the hydration and volume of the area affected. Juvederm, a highly coveted dermal filler brand, relies on this concept and utilizes its cutting-edge Hylacross and Vycross Technologies to deliver a sturdy, non-animal sourced, cross-linked HA.
Juvederm Ultra XC is composed of low-viscosity HA that is safe to be injected into the delicate and fragile area of the tear trough. Prior to the injection, a full examination and assessment must be done to identify the patient’s anatomy. A trained physician needs to know how to inject into the supraperiosteal level of the orbital rim under the deformed area, or ideally on top of the bone. When done correctly, this process will help to lift the tear trough nearer to the level of the lower eyelid and cheek, reducing dark circles and smoothing out bags.
Where is Juvederm most popular?
Juvederm is an internationally recognized brand of hyaluronic-acid based fillers. Doctors often use Juvederm over other brands for tear trough deformities due to the ability to personalize treatment with soft tissues fillers specially formulated for various cosmetic concerns. With its high safety profile and long-lasting, natural results, Juvederm has become a top choice for patients and doctors alike world-wide.
Why choose this method?
- This treatment method requires a dose as little as 1ml or less, depending on the individual.
- Juvederm Ultra XC provides comfort to the patient with lidocaine, an anesthetic that helps to alleviate pain.
- Juvederm Ultra XC is a long-lasting solution, with the effects of injection remaining visible for 9 months to 1 year.
- Side effects are minimal, and generally include swelling, bruising, and pain at the injection site. Patients can further reduce the risk of swelling and bruises by applying an ice pack to the treated area.
- Downtime from this treatment is minimal: patients may return immediately to their daily lifestyle after treatment. To further reduce downtime, they should avoid wearing makeup for at least 12 hours, and abstain from drinking alcohol for 24 hours following treatment.
In conclusion, patients can opt for a safer, less invasive method of treating tear trough deformities with Juvederm. This reputable brand is sure to address delicate and unforgiving areas like tear troughs with high efficacy, leaving the skin looking youthful and rejuvenated. If you are interested in correcting a tear trough deformity with Juvederm, talk to your doctor about whether this treatment is right for you.